Why Our Pub is Great
The Huntsman in Downend, Bristol, is a pub for everybody. We’ve got a fully stocked bar, a pizza kitchen, and an ice cream parlour! Whether you’re local or just want to stop off for good pub food near Bristol, you’ll get a smile and a warm “What can I get you?” at the bar. Wooden beams, a red brick fireplace, funky décor, and cosy booths combine to make us a great pub you can chill in or celebrate a special occasion.
Out for a few drinks with a couple of friends? Grab a beer at the bar and check out the pub pool table. Searching for pubs with live music? Come over on one of our band nights and give a local group some support! There’s plenty going on, and a drink for everyone in your group. Beer lovers, wine drinkers, prosecco girls, cocktail fans, and designated drivers will all be happy.
When you need a serious cheese fix, nothing beats hot and fresh pizza. Well, nothing except a big old Yankee burger with steak, chicken, crispy bacon, and cheese. Or a slap-up Sunday roast with homemade Yorkshires and unlimited veg. Perhaps a grilled cheese sandwich with meatballs and skin-on fries? Then you’ve got the classics: all-day breakfast and hearty beef lasagne to name but two. When it comes to pub grub, you can’t beat us for choice. And value. You get plenty of bang for your buck at our pub!
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
We want to ensure you have the best experience possible when you visit our pub, that’s why we make sure all of our food is up to scratch, delicious and how it should be. We’re continually innovating to bring you the best new tastes and dishes, but don’t worry we aim to strike the perfect balance between traditional and new food and ensure your pub favourites are always available and tasting great.
It’s critical to us that everything that goes into our food is produced and sourced ethically, whilst also being socially and environmentally sustainable. We’re continuing to refine and make changes to our ingredients to bring you the best we can.
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.